The GA3 with Miniwing is based on the well-established and proven design of the MTB-specific GA2 grips. When fitting the GA3s to my bike it took a few goes to rotate them so the small platform fitted unobtrusively into my palm. 1. Ergon GA3 Grip: Riding Type: Cross Country, Enduro / All-Mountain, Trail Length: 136mm Material: GravityControl Rubber, black anodized aluminum clamp Colors: Berry, black, blue, red, orange Weight: 0 lb 4.1 oz (115 g) Miscellaneous: Carbon bar friendly 30mm diameter Comes in … Conveniently those other grips also include end plugs that stay in, but sadly no trendy colours. 3 . Ergon Ga3 Grips has been added to your Basket Share. "With a soft mini-wing design, a rubber compound that’s proven to be quite durable, and an ergonomic shape for all-day comfort, the Ergon GA3 has quickly become the favorite grip of the staff." And finally we thought it would be good to give you an idea of Ergon products that appear specifically in the Grips category. It’s also worth bearing in mind that we managed to find Ergon GA3 Grips during our price scan of several cycle retailers, for the amazing price of £20 which represents a £6.99 or 26% saving against RRP. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. £27.41 & FREE Delivery on eligible orders. Overall, a very strong thumbs up from me. Ergon GA3 Grips: Rider Review. 4 – sticky rubber and handlebars, Ride report – a week of early Autumn riding. Constructed a using super-soft UV-stable rubber compound that’s produced exclusively for Ergon, the GA3 grips allow greater control on the toughest trails. Add to Basket. This allows you to have all the control you need to tackle the most demanding of trails with full confidence. It also means a lot of control. Fox Suspension Float DPS Factory Evol Rear Shock 2018 Review, Shimano SLX M671 10 Speed Front Mech 2017 Review, SRAM PressFit GXP Ceramic Bottom Bracket Review, Quarq DZero BB30 Alloy Power Meter (Non HB) Review. Ergon GP1 Grip user reviews : 4.1 out of 5 - 71 reviews. Mine are Orange tho’ so obviously better and faster! As a long time user of GP1 and GS1 grips on my bikes, I tried the GA3 grips on my newest build and took them off after 1 ride. Sold by: SAM'S SportsAndMoreShop GmbH Add to Basket. Ergon Ergon GA3 . They really don’t want to stay put, partly because the soft rubber makes it harder to really push them into the grip but more likely because I’ve probably pushed the grips a fraction too far onto the bars. The functionality on this website requires Javascript but it appears that either your browser does not support Javascript or you have Javascript disabled. All Member Bike Checks ; Top Bike Checks ... Ergon GA2 Grip Review- Ok grip but not astounding. My experience with sore hands though pushed me toward the Ergon GA3 after Jem, Kev and Elliot all made the same suggestion. If you've ever wondered how we got into mountain biking and how the MuddyMoles started, well wonder no more. forums; mtb clubs; races & events; bike shops; articles; add; LOGIN Username or Email Address. And less force means less fatigue. So our last piece of advice that we can offer is to take your time reading plenty of reviews now, you can see that there are 15 reviews for Ergon GA3 Grips which score it 4.5, so it’s really worth spending a few minutes reading through lots of these to see what the key advantages or dislikes are. Ergon GA3 Grips Review (video) Bikepacking Gear / Accessories The Ergon GA3 has quickly become the favorite grip for at least four of us here at BIKEPACKING.com. I did waver over the Tango orange grips but went for Smurf blue in the end having decided co-ordination over contrast. An important feature for one person might be totally pointless and irrelevant to you, so get a good idea of what you want and need from your Grips. Home; Reviews; Buying; Features; News; Forum; Contact Us. If you’re looking to upgrade your bike then look no further than your handlebars. We’ve found 185 different products in the Grips category at Chain Reaction Cycles and we’ve also managed to find 40 products from Ergon (although only 21 of the 40 are in the Grips category). Also, to increase the vibration damping effect, the inner core is double butted Features: ¬†Material: GravityControl Rubber ¬†Clamps: Carbon friendly CNC Aluminium, black anodised ¬†Replaceable bar end plugs ¬†Use: Trail Riding, Cross-Country, MTB-Touring ¬†Diameter: 30mm ¬†Weight: 115g (pair)Buy Ergon Components from Chain Reaction Cycles. We’ve started by giving you a top level score for each of the key areas when it comes to reviewing these products, these scores include a quality score, price score, review score and an overall score. In fact when you consider those points and combine it with the fact that the average review score in the Grips category is 4.4 and the average score of products from Ergon is 4.5 it’s a steal. Details. Oldest first Relevance Best rating Worst rating. The average price was £48.09 and we found that the price varies right from as little as £4.99 up to £118.86 with Ergon products. The Good: Decent amount of grip, unique multiple compounds, hard wearing, doesn't slip. See how the Ergon Ergon GA3 rates. … Sold by: Alle-Spielwaren Have one to sell? The Ergon GA3 rubber feels decently tacky, which means the soft rubber and the grip shape together allows me to hold the bars with far less force than I would normally use. An important step forward in the world of Muddymole contact points but I still say these are missing the full benefit of GS, GX or GP level Ergon grips. Choose from 15 options and Find the best price for Ergon GA3 from 58 offers. Ergon has been making comfortable contact points for some years now, focusing on high tech ways of getting contact point pressure relieved like hand pain from grips … A few months back, Ergon sent us their SRM3 saddle to test as well as their new GA2 grips. £29.64 & FREE Delivery on eligible orders. Note down this list of key features that your product must have, that way when you’re comparing alternatives you have a starting point to decide whether one product meets your needs or not. Using traditional grips on these bikes can cause a kink in the wrist which leads to discomfort in the hands and wrists - causing numbness. Sections. How does Amazon calculate star ratings? And less force means less fatigue. Soft, subtle, flexible wing aids in hand and wrist support. Sharing your views will really help us to write more comprehensive reviews and we will share these thoughts with customers just like you that are looking to read reviews before they commit to buying. Learn how your comment data is processed. Sold by: shop-bergsport Add to Basket. And actually, if you look specifically at products from Ergon in the Grips category the average review score is 4.6. 4 . by Ergon. The downside to this lack of shape or transitioning is it takes some working out where you are. They contain the photos, thoughts, feedback & overall review you are looking for. Our "Rider Review" article series features honest reviews from verified purchasers of Worldwide Cyclery. We start this price analysis by looking at the price you can expect to pay for Grips. . The Ergon GA3 rubber feels decently tacky, which means the soft rubber and the grip shape together allows me to hold the bars with far less force than I would normally use. Sleep. . There are currently no cons available in English yet . Based on the tried and true GA2, the GA3 has been developed with unique mini-wings. The Ergon GA3 has quickly become the favorite grip for at least four of us here at bikepacking.com. Ergon Ga3 Grips › Customer reviews; Customer reviews. Write a review. The rubber on the GA3 grips is also very soft, which allows the grips to soak up trail vibrations remarkably effectively. Create Account . For riders that like to move about a lot when riding, the Ergon provides minimal resistance, the tapered shape reduces the risk of catching your shorts when slipping off the back or back on. Ergon has dominated our grip collection for years now and with models like the GE1, GA2, and GA3, it should be no surprise. On a recent trip to Afan Masts and Glyncorrwg they worked fantastically over rough terrain, the extra surface area soaking up the hits without any handslip for me. Well, I’m glad I did. They were too thin, which combined with the alloy 35mm Race Face Aeffect handlebar was just too harsh for me – after an hour and a bit I would be trying to find a comfortable spot for my hands, which is unusual for me. Whether that’s Ergon GA3 Grips or an alternative, we’ll do our best to find you unbiased, genuine customer reviews to help you make your decision. Details. Big fan and multi-grip user of Ergon brand grips. 0. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Online Grip and Size Selector. Other Sellers on Amazon. Their grips and saddles are some of the most universally comfortable across all disciplines of riding. Ergon GA3 reviews. Price is the next and probably one of the most important factors of a purchase, so it’s really worthwhile spending a bit of time analysing the price of Ergon GA3 Grips and seeing how it stacks up against those offered by different brands or even other alternatives from Ergon. The experience with the GA2 shows that the ergonomically optimised shape means that you don't have to exert as much grip force. They contain the photos, thoughts, feedback & overall review you are looking for. I just push them back in but could probably look at shifting the grips outboard a little! I finally pulled the trigger and put them on my hardtail MTB and instantly fell in love. This is especially true when you’re buying products like Grips. 8.8 / 10. Dutch first (9) French first (1) 9 / 10. All languages. mtb trails; reviews; community . Colours are important Elliot! Matt is one of the founding Molefathers of the Muddymoles, and is the designer and main administrator of the website. Read: Ergon GE1 grip review. 431 customer ratings. 0. If you have something to add, just complete this comment form (we will not publish your email address). Our aim is simple, help you get the very best products for your budget. For a very long time I’ve rated the ODI Cross Trainer – soft grips with plenty of grip even in the rain and if I were to recommend a round grip, these would be the ones. Muddymoles: Mountain biking (MTB) in the Surrey Hills and Mole Valley. 2 . See customer reviews at Chain Reaction Cycles: Clamps: Carbon friendly CNC Aluminium, black anodised, Use: Trail Riding, Cross-Country, MTB-Touring. Too low, and the platform didn’t help, too high and it would dig into my hand. Reviews, ratings, specifications, weight, price and more for the Ergon GA2 Grip | Bike Checks. That’s a great result considering the price and quality and the fact that it’s a product made by Ergon. Overall I’m a convert to the Ergon Grips and I would highly recommend them to fellow cyclists. Cons. We love to get comments from our readers - if you've spent a few moments to comment, thank-you. So the end caps tend to work their way out, although I’ve yet to lose them in several hundred miles. You can even find him on road bikes - currently a 2019 Cannondale Topstone 105 SE, a much-used 2011 Specialized Secteur and very niche belt drive Trek District 1. The Bad: Hands fatigue fairly quickly on rougher terrain. It seems to have the perfect combination of features, quality and price making it a great all-rounder. Add a photo Share. Ergon GA3 grip review £27.00. off-road.cc Editorial and general enquiries: info@off-road.cc Advertising and commercial: sales@off-road.cc . The next stage we went on to, was to look at the price of products from the brand: Ergon. Rating: Featured Member Review. Read it's strength, weaknesses, find deals and pricing - mtbr.com The best of both worlds. The single inboard clamping collar allows the grip to rotate to get it just right. We want to ensure that whether you’re spending £10K on a new lightweight race bike, £2 on a cycling water bottle or £20 on Ergon GA3 Grips, that you’re getting the very best you can get for your money. Next time I would probably opt for the version without the sticking out bar ends as I find them a little unnecessary. Sort by: Latest first. The platform is softer than GS1's (which I love for XC/distance riding), but do add extra leverage for your enduro riding. Ride. Ergon GC1 City The GC1 is a grip developed for the ergonomic demands of riders using swept-back handlebars, usually found on the city and touring bikes - employing riser or mustache style bars. On the recommendation of several Moles, I thought I would switch the grips on my YT Jeffsy to the Ergon GA3. 8. After a couple of hard days riding the last thing on my mind was the state of my hands. 5 bits of kit every new mountain biker should own . Thus, they are especially suitable for mountain bikers who tend to bend their wrists or simply require additional support. Below we’re going to get into the detail of Ergon GA3 Grips to help you see how the prices stack up. Reading reviews if going to be the closest insight you get into how good Ergon GA3 Grips is, without actually trying or buying it. Plus learn about the GA3’s new sizing option and seven color variations… £25.69 & FREE Delivery on eligible orders. The only thing I think I could be critical about are the end plugs. Prices : £32.99 . Over at Chain Reaction Cycles we managed to find 15 reviews scoring it 4.5 out of 5. 8.8 / 10 Average from 10 reviews | Write a review. The Ergon GA3 offers the best of 2 worlds, namely the freedom of movement of the round mtb grips combined with good wrist support and fit. Not only do they come in colours (the blue I have works well with the rest of the bike’s colour scheme), but it turns out the Ergon GA3 works rather well too. Reviews are obviously a key part of the buying process when buying any cycle gear, and that goes for Grips too. No matter what type of bike product your buying, from the simple accessories through to the full setup of your custom built road bike, there are lots of important considerations that you should take into account, especially when you’re shopping online and unable to test the product first. Having ridden a 2007 Orange Five for many years he's now running a YT Industries Jeffsy 29er and a Bird Zero AM Boost. The GA2 has been a particular favorite because it comes in multiple diameters. Feature. Starting from £20.99. The German brand has burst onto the scene lately after spending some serious time taking a very different approach at engineering everything from saddle and posts to grips, pedals and even hydration packs. Are you kitted out with these ride essentials? But that may work for some people. Having accused Jem and Elliott of being “soft lads” when they started using these grips I have to admit that I bought a pair for my Tallboy and they are extremely comfortable on longer rides. Password. Featuring an ergonomic shape that enables a low gripping force yet still offers precise control, these grips reduce ‚Äúarm pump‚Äù and fatigue on long rides. Our "Rider Review" article series features the honest reviews from verified purchasers of Worldwide Cyclery. Best Prices Best Products Best Shops Best Reviews Price Alerts Price Trends on … My biggest regret is the YT was only available in predominantly black (at least my hardtail – still being prepped – won’t be black!). If you think Ergon GA3 Grips ticks all of your boxes in terms of quality and features then it’s more than likely going to be a winner bearing in mind the price. 1. (and 2020 in pictures), Weeknotes No. It also means a lot of control. 5 . All rights reserved, Muddymoles: Mountain biking (MTB) in the Surrey Hills and Mole Valley, Sealskinz knee length waterproof socks review, A Better New Year! Ergon GA3 Grips Reviews Reviews are obviously a key part of the buying process when buying any cycle gear, and that goes for Grips too. Big fan and multi-grip user of Ergon brand grips. The GA3 combines the relief benefits and wrist support of ergonomic wing grips like the GP1 with the freedom of movement found in rounder MTB grips like GA2. Combining ergonomics with freedom of movement. An early On-One Inbred still lurks in the back of the stable as a reminder of how things have moved on. The ergonomic shape fits the contours of the hand and significantly reduced arm pump on long trails whilst the wing provides support to ensure the correct hand position preventing aches and pains. 10 reviews. Details. Add a new comment, or reply to this comment. 4.6 out of 5. There are currently no pro's available in English yet. The original grips I had on the Jeffsy were Race Face Love Handles which just didn’t work for me. Shop for Ergon GA3 Bike Grips. That’s why you can see it was easy for us to give Ergon GA3 Grips such a high overall score of 9.2 / 10. The Ergon GA3 Grips are the best of both worlds. There’s quite a variance in price in this category too with the lowest priced product we found at £2.49 and most expensive was £76.99. Pros. £32.99. 4.6 out of 5 stars. 1 . Ergon GA3 Grips Review By Jason Mitchell on September 2, 2020 If you’re not familiar with Ergon, you should be. ; Forum ; Contact us Industries Jeffsy 29er and a Bird Zero AM Boost ridden... You with great comfort and control ; Contact us from our readers - if you 've spent few! Weight, price and more for the Ergon grips and saddles are some of the founding Molefathers the... Just didn ’ t think they would make a difference for any Rider in terms of comfort and grip unique! Platform fitted unobtrusively into my palm much grip force Orange tho ’ so obviously better and faster way. Strong > Ergon GA3 grips to soak up trail vibrations remarkably effectively 71... Their SRM3 saddle to test as well as their new GA2 grips email, and is the designer main... And that goes for grips MTB ) in the grips to help you see how the Muddymoles and... Particular shape of the founding Molefathers of the grips category the average review score is.! To have all the control you need to tackle the most universally comfortable across all of... Mountain biking ( MTB ) in the back of the buying process when buying any cycle gear and... Are perfect to keep the hands and tingling fingers ( MTB ) in back. Brand: Ergon as a reminder of how things have moved on as a reminder of how things have on.: info @ off-road.cc Advertising and commercial: sales @ off-road.cc Advertising and commercial: sales ergon ga3 review.. Numb-Free and super easy to grip on the tried and true GA2, the GA3 has been particular! Wing style part of the most universally comfortable across all disciplines of riding publish your email Address ) full.. You with great comfort and grip, unique multiple compounds, hard wearing, n't. Part of the Muddymoles started, well wonder no more going to get comments from our readers if. Grips for over 10 years but had yet to try out the with. As little as £4.99 up to £118.86 with Ergon products that appear specifically in the grips outboard a little.. In love keep the hands and tingling fingers soak up trail vibrations remarkably effectively mind was state..., and of those 185, the average price is £16.45 contain photos... Login Username or email Address ) Good to give you an idea Ergon! 2 % Ergon GA3 grips › Customer reviews, Kev and Elliot all made the suggestion... The experience with the GA2 shows that the price and quality and the platform ’..., was to look at shifting the grips on my hardtail MTB and instantly fell in love and!, Kev and Elliot all made the same suggestion much grip force 3 star 4 % star. Chain Reaction Cycles we managed to find 15 reviews scoring it 4.5 out of 5 - reviews. Been added to your Basket Share Weeknotes no English yet 58 offers reviews, ratings, specifications weight!, does n't slip grips but went for Smurf blue in the grips soak. Start this price analysis by looking at the price and quality and price it. Should own ; LOGIN Username or email Address you can expect to pay for grips biker! Switch the grips on my mind was the state of my hands own... The back of the grips to soak up trail ergon ga3 review remarkably effectively brilliantly comfortable and,... To Basket | October 23, 2018 | 3 comments so far 4.5 out of 5 - 71.... Quickly on rougher terrain GA2 grips - if you ’ re buying products like.. The GA2 has been developed with unique mini-wings tackle the most demanding trails. Rider review '' article series features the honest reviews ergon ga3 review verified purchasers of Worldwide.! Many years he 's now running a YT Industries Jeffsy 29er and Bird... Grips for over 10 years but had yet to try out the GA3 has been a particular favorite because comes..., Kev and Elliot all made the same suggestion, flexible wing aids in hand and wrist support shops articles. 'Ve ever wondered how we got into mountain biking and how the Muddymoles and... For you to have the perfect combination of features, quality and price making it a great result considering price. Them in several hundred miles the grips on my mind was the state of my hands publish your email )! Good to give you an idea of Ergon GA3 grips › Customer reviews ; buying features... Them so the end caps tend to bend their wrists or simply require additional support I thought would... Either your browser does not support Javascript or you have something to add, complete... Went on to, was to look at shifting the grips category to what! Something ergon ga3 review add, just complete this comment bike it took a months... Gs series, much less supportive and defined in the back ergon ga3 review the MTB-specific GA2.. Over at Chain Reaction Cycles we managed to find 15 reviews scoring it 4.5 of., was to look at the price of products from the brand: Ergon try the. Good to give you an idea of Ergon brand grips n't have to exert much! Ga3 grips is also very soft, which allows the grips to soak trail... Sportsandmoreshop GmbH add to Basket process when buying any cycle gear, and of 185... Grips has been added to your Basket Share below we ’ re buying like. Contain the photos, thoughts, feedback & overall review you are looking for unique mini-wings first! – a week of early Autumn riding the GA3 with Miniwing is based on tried. Grips category at the price of products from Ergon in the grips on my mind was the state of hands. Bits of kit every new mountain biker should own lose them in several hundred miles Five many... And grip, unique multiple compounds, hard wearing, does n't slip, you... Have the perfect combination of features, quality and the platform didn ’ t,! Few goes to rotate to get into the detail of Ergon products in love biking MTB... Reviews: 4.1 out of 5 - 71 reviews say – we 'd love to get into the of. Jeffsy were Race Face love Handles which just didn ’ t think they would make a difference for any in..., hard wearing, does n't slip GA3s to my bike it took a few moments to comment thank-you. Tend to bend their wrists or simply require additional support probably opt for the next time I would them. Platform didn ’ t think they would make a difference for any Rider terms. Which allows the grips to soak up trail vibrations remarkably effectively to you... Great comfort and control some time really getting to know what it is you re! Checks... Ergon GA2 grip | bike Checks... Ergon GA2 grip | bike Checks ; Top bike.. Tango Orange grips but went for Smurf blue in the grips on hardtail... Muddymoles: mountain biking and how the prices stack up grips is also very soft subtle. Mountain bikers who tend to bend their wrists or simply require additional support but it appears that your. Are especially suitable for mountain bikers who tend to bend their wrists simply! @ off-road.cc Advertising and commercial: sales @ off-road.cc Advertising and commercial: sales @ off-road.cc SportsAndMoreShop add. Your Basket Share quickly on rougher terrain switch the grips category fitted into... Bar ends as I find them a little unnecessary exert as much grip force £48.09 and we found the... At products from Ergon in the grips category went on to, was look! Great result considering the price and more for the Ergon GA3 10 average from 10 |! Try out the GA3 has been added to your Basket Share great result considering price. The original grips I had on the recommendation of several Moles, I thought I would expect to. Tango Orange grips but went for Smurf blue in the end having decided co-ordination over contrast new mountain should... Browser does not support Javascript or you have something to add, just complete this comment specifically in Ergon! 2020 in pictures ), Weeknotes no blue in the Surrey Hills and Mole Valley a very strong thumbs from. I could be critical about are the end caps tend to work their way out ergon ga3 review... Ga2 grips 2018 | 3 comments so far browser for the version the... Would probably opt for the next stage we went on to, was to look the! Your bike then look no further than your handlebars 23, 2018 | 3 comments so far short these. Your Basket Share are not like the GP and GS series, much less supportive and in. You come to buying online or reply to this comment form ( we not. A big difference, but limits movement on steep trails of bad circulation. ; races & events ; bike shops ; articles ; add ; Username! In the grips provides you with great comfort and control big difference, but they are not like GP... Not like the GP and GS series, much less supportive and defined the! Rough downhills put them on my YT Jeffsy to the Ergon GA3 grips also include end plugs would switch grips! The last thing on my mind was the state of my hands waver over the Orange! Only thing I think I could ergon ga3 review critical about are the end.... Ok grip but not astounding YT Jeffsy to the Ergon grips for over 10 years had... Grips too – we 'd love to hear what you think comes in multiple....