Can only be used on finished aluminum surfaces. Wipe the appliance dry and then apply polish to thoroughly clean and protect the surface. Clothing: Do not treat clothing while wearing. Yes. makes them look like new. by Cynthia Measom. No-drip and surface-safe, Goo Gone Automotive Spray Gel is the easy way to keep your car looking spiffy. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. posted 2018-Dec-4, 6:27 pm AEST Yes prepsol/wax and grease remover is clear coat safe. 4.5 out of 5 stars 5,553. Do not use a plastic pad or equivalent. Apply Goo Gone. Yes, but our Kitchen Degreaser is a better tool for the job. using it on a painted surface takes a bit more care, but can still be done. Wash with ambient water. Looking for GOO GONE Paint Remover, 14 oz, Water, 2.7% (20VA25)? I took off the "Impreza" emblem under "WRX" today with a hairdryer, floss, and Goo Gone and now, while my car looks perfect, it feels a little rough where the logo was. Looking for GOO GONE Paint Remover, 14 oz, Water, 2.7% (20VA25)? If i use goo gone, will it haze the plastic or damage the headlights? As I expected, the sticky part peeled off from the rest of the tape. If gold has a lacquer on it the Goo Gone might remove it – so test on an inconspicuous area. This makes it very effective in domestic environments. Now simply spray Goo Gone on a microfiber towel and gently rub it over the adhesive of your car. THANKS, Goo Gone! I managed a full service car wash for about a couple of months, and I can tell you some of the items people are recommending, like WD-40, Goo Gone, diesel, gasoline and even turpentine are not good for the clear coat. The Goo Gone's line of products is a The Goo Gone's line of products is a trusted brand, we stand by our products for all of your dirty, sticky, messes. It worked great for gloss clearcoat. For wheels this is bad because the glue won't adhere properly. If brass has a lacquer on it the Goo Gone might remove it – so test on an inconspicuous area. Some people recommend nail polish remover for removing paint, but this might cause damage to the clear coat or other paint coats. I have used it a bit on tubulars, but there are better options. Yes if it is a sealed surface. Used game ritual. I have electrical tape on the edges my headlights and attempted to peel it off. was done 5 minutes ago. It will stain the paper of the book though, so test on an inconspicuous area. Continue rubbing the Goo Gone till … Price $13.18. Glue, a wonderful substance for holding things together. Fast working, no harsh odors, and Goo Gone is clear coat safe. That gum came right off my car! Go to an automotive paint store and get yourself some 1600 grit sand paper and wet sand the spot to help blend it into the original paint. Always go circular. © Weiman Products, LLC. Goo Gone's active ingredient is a petroleum distillate, which is just a fancy way of saying that the product is made from crude oil. Our Goo Gone Bandage & Adhesive Remover can be used on skin. I tried goo gone, another safe for paint adhesive remover (I forget the name), WD 40, and even went as far as trying gasoline (used to use it all the time to strip wax off surf boards), nothing worked. User #498458 1306 posts. I'm getting more aero. Simply spray some adhesive remover like Goo Gone and wipe or scrub off the residue with a clean cloth. However, if there's any chance that this could end up in a child's mouth, I personally would use shellac - it's the exact same stuff pharmacists coat pills in, so it is completely safe. Acetone, on the other hand, is generally considered safe to use on bare carbon, and is recommended by most manufacturers. For example, the grand piano example above is answered under "Wood". We don't recommend it, this surface is too porous. Goof Off is a remover that acts as an adhesive remover on the car’s paint. Yes, Goo Gone Original is safe to use on golf clubs, but it isn't safe on rubber so be careful around the handle. Whirlpool Enthusiast reference: whrl.pl/Rfg9LP. Yes. Clean area with soap and ambient water. Works quickly to remove water spots without causing harm to paint and clear coat . The only surface that’s safe to use a razor blade is glass but even then I don’t recommend it since it is very easy to seriously slice yourself. I've used them on cars before and found they do no damage to most modern paints. Gently blot stain. Composition: Orange oil … Any rubbing on a matte finish may shine it up. This type of board is best for occasional use because it should be cleaned immediately after use; otherwise, you will see staining and ghosting. It also has a knack for stubbornly sticking to floors, tables, shelves, furniture and every other kind of finished wood. I assume the Goo Gone ait way some of the clear coat - might be wrong, but feels like it. Type . Would Goo Gone be safe to use on the gel coat on a fiberglass boat? First, this list only refers to our Original products which look like the image above. pic.twitter.com/6GWslKM8yo. — Barrett Foa (@BarrettFoa) August 21, 2013. Removes stickers, decals, bugs, tar, road grime, adhesives & glue. These calls are great and we’re happy to help, please keep calling us 855-364-8135. Relevance. On the exterior cases or cartridges, yes. Goo Gone is a miracle worker when it comes to removing sticky messes, makeup, wax, gum and even carpet stains. Has clearcoat on frame though. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. are you sure it dosen't harm the acrylic? Other products like Goof-off (not to be confused with Goo-gone) are a lot stronger and contain acetone, which will strip paint off from not-clear coated surfaces, and any rubber or vinyl surface. The solution is safe to use without causing any irritation on the skin. The only thing that worked before I tried acetone was gasoline. Epoxy, urethane, and silicone adhesives. is superb. 2 Answers. It depends on the resin used in the carbon layup. The aftermath that Goo Gone leaves in its tracks can make it unappealing to use for your sticky messes. Then use a swirl mark eliminator or any mild polishing compound to remove minor scratches. The cover of most books is a hard laminate which it is safe to use on. Apply Goo Gone to clean white cloth. — Paulo Fernandes (@pauloafernandes) December 18, 2012. Because I had so much of my car to handle I bought a quart and it worked great. Goo Gone Original - 2 Ounce - Surface Safe Adhesive Remover Safely Removes Stickers Labels Decals Residue Tape Chewing Gum Grease Tar. Mineral spirits did nothing. Strip Protection / Ceramic Coatings. Carpet & Upholstery. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Remove all inserts, take off stickers with Goo Gone and put it back together. Grainger's got your back. If there is no lacquer, yes you can use it. Don't quote me on that, perhaps test a hidden area or check the label. Just make sure you wash and wax the area well after you're done. Professionals use stronger chemicals because it requires little to no effort, but can leave lasting damage to your clear coat and paint. Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol should also be clear-coat safe … I would consider this be one of the most important items every reseller should have. :yeahthat: just wax the surface you used the goo gone on afterward. If there is no lacquer, yes you can use it. Answer Save. Easy online ordering for the ones who get it done … $5.19 $ 5. Wd-40 How to Remove Glue, Tape, Plasti-dip. Yes, but apply the Goo Gone to a clean cloth first. The easiest way to find what you’re looking for is using the “Find” function in your browser. Goo Gone is the strongest to ever use, next best and a whole lot safer is 91% isopropyl alcohol (also very cheap in comparison). Now, removing glue is easier than ever with Goo Gone. Do you have a pair of shoes or clothes that have sticky, gummy, or gooey messes on it? Goo Gone users have a knack at finding themselves in literal sticky situations. The clear coat also comes with an activator; you get 128 ounces of clear coat and 32 ounces of an activator in one kit. These boards are not magnetic and can scratch easily. What is bad about goo gone is that it leaves a very oily residue - it does not evaporate quickly. For extra gooey messes, let sit 5–10 minutes. The Goo Gone's line of products is a trusted brand, we stand by our products for all of your dirty, sticky, messes. Grainger's got your back. If you can’t find your answer here contact us and we’ll get you the answer you need. Is Goo Gone Spray Gel safe to use on my Carbon fiber bike? We wish it weren’t so, but luckily Goo Gone Spray Gel can help. [/QUOTE said: Nope. Goo Gone can stain non-finished aluminum. I would not want to do it on bare carbon. For the bike in general, I wouldn't use it, but if it is all you have, try it in an inconspicuous spot first. Goof Off Overspray Remover works the first time quickly and easily removing tough stains from your vehicle like asphalt, tar and overspray. Safe and effective on clear coat and all glossy painted surfaces (Not for use on flat, matte or satin finishes) Can be safely used on paint, glass, chrome, hard plastic, and all metal surfaces. Blot with clean white cloth. The best solution is a commercial product — like a Goo Gone or Turtle Wax product — specifically designed to remove gum and sap without harming the rest of … Spray or apply the product to one paper towel. I used goo gone to remove the adhesive left after removing my chain stay protection. If you rush the process, you may end up scratching the paint. We don't recommend it be used on drywall. Popular Mechanics offers some assurance for those who find ghastly scratches on their cars: Many of these scratches can be repaired with some buffing and sanding. You get it, Goo Gone is surface safe so it is a safe alternative to abrasive cleaners that may damage your surfaces. Glue. Product dimensions: 3 x 3 x 9 inches. It worked fine at removing the adhesive gunk, but the rear wheel cover (below the strut cover) now has Goo Gone residue ( I hope that is at it is) on it. mattsbobo;9221807 said: Personally I like to wear my Ted Nugent-esque loincloth, grab my bow and arrows, and my half gallon of scotch then I go terrorize my apartment complex. Check with plexiglass manufacturer, test on inconspicuous area first, Yes, if the quartz was sealed within the last year. Safe for you, your surfaces and your home. Of course, test on an inconspicuous area first. Best Way to Remove Old Sticker Residue, Adhesive? Our original products are skin irritants. Most are not. For more difficult to remove pin stripes the 3M’s Stripe Off Wheel is a simple tool … Start by washing the area with soapy water. The thickness can vary a lot per panel and per manufacturer. I always follow it with isopropyl alchohol to make sure it is all gone. Yes, but Goo Gone isn't a food safe product so you'll need to thoroughly wash the surface with a mild dish detergent and warm water to ensure all Goo Gone residue is removed. Our Clean-Up Wipes work best on permanent marker. | Lisa Kowite. A. I use it on musical instruments to degrease parts and finely finished woods. Adhesive remover features to consider. For wheels this is bad because the glue won't adhere properly. Clear Coat. The lists are sorted alphabetically, but some things use their general terms. In my experience, goo-gone will not damage the paint if you use it sparingly. Goo Gone is great for removing sticker residue. When it’s clean, mark out the section with masking tape. The clear coat is not always used, single stage paint is not covered with a clear coat. I have used it a bit on tubulars, but there are better options. ... it's safe on clear coat and won't hurt your wax if you wash it right after getting the stain off. I've seen human sweat take the clear coat of a Madone. Well, maybe not their dreams, but they really do find the right #AlexRider #graphicnovel more quickly this way.#inTLchat #librarylife #schoollibraries #googone pic.twitter.com/v6fTFycD0A So I decided to try nail polish remover containing acetone - and bingo. Still, we want to help answer some of the most common questions we get. Set the wet sheet over the rubber coating patch you want to remove, and repeat until all the remaining plasti dip is covered. I just used Goo Gone 2 days ago on my black charger. If you have a Ceramic Coating or Wax applied to your paintwork, you can be sure it will be degraded or completely stripped after a couple of runs through one of these touchless car wash systems. More VOC-safe compared to other adhesive removers. The sizing tags, the small "classic" look logos, the "producte" tag on the downtube are all under the clearcoat. On average it can be between 30 and 80 micron. Most of the time they’re stuck in the worst possible spot too. If you're looking for a "clear coat," you could always use a salad bowl finish which is essentially a wiping varnish, but it's guaranteed to be food safe. mineral spirits will not hurt your clear coat and should do the job to remove … Hey guys! Apply Goo Gone to stain. A forum community dedicated to Road Bike owners and enthusiasts. I'd be suprised if they actually did this. There is a clear-coat surface that allows you to write. I … Some scenarios are truly unique; like when our users asked about using Goo Gone on a grand piano (yes), underwear (yes, but wash them afterwards) and a parrot (it’s complicated). Thanks in advance for any replies! Look no further, @googone is here to help youuuu! Paint can be removed with fine sandpaper and a buffer, but that will take off more coats of paint and require repainting; your goal should be to remove the stain with as little friction as possible. Citric acid has a tendency to do that which is why it is used to lighten hair. And always be sure the area is very well washed first. Ceramics or Ceramic Tile. Due to its ingredients if it is left on rubber to long it will most certainly damage that. But I would wash it off as soon as you're done to be safe. Can be used by hand, dual action polisher like Meguiar's® MT300, or Meguiar's® DA Power System. Never had an issue with the paint. I managed a full service car wash for about a couple of months, and I can tell you some of the items people are recommending, like WD-40, Goo Gone, diesel, gasoline and even turpentine are not good for the clear coat. What is bad about goo gone is that it leaves a very oily residue - it does not evaporate quickly. Dawn after the de-sticking of the surface and then re-wax etc. I don't know about the spray gel but I have used the goo gone wipes on clear coat bars and it works fine. In addition to the typical precautions, such as keeping it out of reach of children or pets, familiarize yourself with the cautions listed on Goo Gone’s Material Safety Data Sheet.Wearing safety goggles and gloves, in addition to having adequate ventilation, is a good idea. For use on fully-cured OEM surfaces and hard, non-porous surfaces such as metal & glass. Ordered and Fitted for my Custom DEAN Titanium frame on Sept 17th, 2008. Once the stain or sticky mess is removed, however, the Goo Gone leaves behind a greasy residue that creates a mess of its own. I have used it on several boats to remove the chalky residue on old gelcoat without all the buffing... just spray it on, let it soak for 30 minutes and scrub it off.... but it does need to be washed afterwards. Goo Gone is safe for class, metals, plastics and more. When used as cleansers, Goo Gone and other petroleum-based products don't simply loosen or dilute dirt. Wipe it clean with a dry soft cloth. It is unlikely to work on permanent glues, Sticky, sticky, sticky! I need to change out my vinyl letters and I'd rather be safe than sorry! But in all means head the first full sentence of this paragraph or pay the consequences. Yes, if it is real stainless steel, not faux stainless steel. Safe to use. Is diggers clear coat safe? Worked amazin on removing residual glue from stickers. While Goo Gone is safe for use on most surfaces, including wood, carpet, glass, fabric, and sealed stone, the manufacturer itself says it should not be used on the following surfaces: The clear coat is usually the last coat of paint that is applied to a panel. Instead, they actually eat away at … Thoroughly washed my truck after each attempt … The plastic coating is a porous material and will hang onto ink colors, so be sure to never use permanent markers on these boards. You can use the goo gone on the gelcoat. Goo Gone, a commercial oil-based solvent and cleaner, has been deemed safe by its manufacturer for use on almost any surface, including your car's exterior paint. Goo Gone uses the power of citric oils to defer the toughest goo's. Wipe. I do this for electronics, too, to get rid of old thermal compound on cpus, etc. Then, sand the area with a fine-grit scratch pad to get rid of the old coat. Watch the video to see. Gently blot the stain then clean the area with soap and water. Free eBook: 25 Essential Detailing Products for Beginners (PDF) #4 – Headlight Lens Restoration Posts: 889 Goo Gone will be fine. Never use rubbing or polishing compounds in a straight line. View Profile View Forum Posts View Articles Member Join Date Dec 1969 Location.Mayfield, KY Posts 37 Post Thanks / Like . The advise to wash with a good degreaser i.e. Original Adhesive Remover. Bare Carbon? FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. Make sure the sheet is saturated, but don’t overdo it. Favorite Answer. Weight: 6 ounces. Dont know about long term damage, no immediate damage. I assume that the only thing you need goo-gone for is to remove the leftover adhesive after debadging your car. Letting it sit and bake will adhere it to the clear coat and even stain the paint underneath. Apply Goo Gone. IPA is typically the safer option for this residue. Clear coat? It’s another great product to have on hand. Do not use on silk, unfinished leather or suede. Impressed. But I would wash it off as soon as you're done to be safe. Ugly, dirty, ultimately unhelpful spine label transformed into the beautiful series spine label of my Ss dreams. Fast working, no harsh odors, and Goo Gone is clear coat safe. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Visit the product detail pages to learn more about Goo Gone Original Pour Bottle and Goo Gone Spray Gel.We have a whole line of products you should check out, but don’t use this list to find out if your Grout Cleaner works on granite. Though Goo Gone is a generally safe product with proper use, it’s like any other solvent based cleaner or remover, as it requires precautions to be taken with its use on vehicle surfaces and other areas. :yeahthat: just wax the surface you used the goo gone on afterward. Tape residue (clear, masking, and packaging) Sticker and label adhesives. Yes, but it's important to follow the instructions carefully. “Rubbing compound” is too abrasive unless you plan to follow it up with finer levels. ... or scraper. Apparently Goo Gone cam remove partially tacky PL Premium Construction adhesive from a white painted wall. Allow a few minutes for Goo Gone to begin working. We would recommend applying the Goo Gone to a cloth and rub, in circular motions, on the adhesive until it is removed. Key Specifications: Size: 10 ounces. skyliner1004... are those peel able? Pre-testing is a prerequisite and once the area tested has been proven safe for application, there are other measures to be taken. I've seen human sweat take the clear coat of a Madone. The solvent will take some time to work. “clear coat safe” “polishes” do not contain the abrasive needed to remove transferred paint. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google. Take one small area at a time. Remover bumper stickers, gum, bird droppings, tree sap, spray paint, break dust and asphalt. It won’t damage your clear coat as it dissolves the adhesive. It is a petroleum-based chemical that cuts through stains and other sticky spots on the car’s surface. I tried WD-40 and and Goo Gone but neither did anything. Besides, there are easier ways to get the job done and deal with the glue. Also, apply to a clean cloth first to remove stickers that are on top of paper labels and test on an inconspicuous area first. try naphtha (lighter fluid) safe for just about everything and evaporates without a trace - safe on clear coats, lacquer, metal and delicate finishes. just used goo gone spray gel on my LOOK 566's CF frame. When it comes to cars, a pressure washer might work, but the blast of high-pressure water and soap can be enough to fracture the clear coat on a finish.On an older vehicle, it can be enough to ruin clear coat or even strip chunks of paint off from underneath. mattsbobo;9221807 said: Personally I like to wear my Ted Nugent-esque loincloth, grab my bow and arrows, and my half gallon of scotch then I go terrorize my apartment complex. 1 decade ago. Goo Gone® Apply any of these methods with a soft, clean cloth and allow it to soak. I used Goo Gone today to remove the glue behind the chrome trim. Comes with larger size options. Use a clean, damp cloth to wipe down the entire surface once you’re done to make sure there is no residue from either the adhesive remover or the problem substance. It will depend what type of plastic you have. I've used them on cars before and found they do no damage to most modern paints. Senior Member : Join Date: Jun 2007. Pretest on an inconspicuous area. Price $13.18. It may take a few times to completely remove all the wax. All Rights Reserved. A razor blade can damage your clear coat, plastic, or most any other surface the sticker is applied on. Goo Gone is also safe to use on almost any other surface you can think of so it really is an all-around great product to have around. Again, I feel that these harsh chemicals are not clear coat safe in the long run and I wouldn’t recommend any car be exposed to them over an extended period. Finally got it in Oct, 2010!!! Goo Gone is surface-safe adhesive remover that is citrus-based. I can't imagine any other use you might have for it that would require direct contact with paint. Apply Goo Gone Automotive Spray Gel to stain. Barbie Princess. Thread: Goo Gone safe on clear coats? Goo Gone is Xylene which should be safe but, Trek's clear coats aren't state of the art. Tha Missez. Artillery fungus is often noticed near mulch on vehicles and houses, like this one. I've used Goo Gone on a few different vehicles in the past -2 black ones- . "We are doomed to live in very interesting times". It's the other product called "Goof off" that is much more aggressive - so aggressive that I've had it dissolve both paint on a surface and the plastic itself in a different case. Product Features: Removes bumper stickers, bird droppings, tree sap, brake dust, gum and asphalt; Surface safe, clear coat safe, use on glass, carpet, rims, mirrors and automotive exteriors; Great for a variety of auto, boat, and RV clean- up projects That's why I'd never buy a matte finished frame, unless I felt comfortable in coating it with gloss clear coat. Let It Sit Keep a bottle or two handy for anything life may throw at you or your walls, floors, cars, etc. Yes. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. I had way too much fun creating that caption lol If you swipe left, you will see just how AMAZING this product is. Goo Gone Automotive uses the power of citrus oils to defeat the toughest goos. Good as new! Here is a video of how to repair damaged clear coat on a car. It depends what material it's made of, but most likely yes. goo gone is made by the same company as goof off and i used goof off alot to take paint off of stuff and it doesn't scratch acrylic but it hazes it. I had some sticky crap on the hood that would not come off, I dabbed a little on a micro fiber towel and just padded down on the spot waited about 30 seconds and used the other side of the towel and it wiped right off. The activator and clear coat should be mixed in a 4:1 ratio. Continue reading to learn more. JavaScript is disabled. Otherwise, it’ll fall apart before you can place it on your car. About the only area that you can not use Goo Gone on is rubber. not saying that goo gone does the same thing but i would test it on a larger peice of scrap acrylic to make sure. Goo Gone can cause permanent lung damage if swallowed, can irritate skin and eyes, and can exacerbate asthma. IPA is typically the safer option for this residue. If Goo Gone causes any dulling, buff it out with swirl remover. I just looked at a 566 frame and didn't see anything that I'd want to remove, even if I could. Test on an inconspicuous area first to ensure it's compatible. It depends on the resin used in the carbon layup. You can find it in the menu of the browser you’re using right now or by hitting Ctrl-F or Cmd-F. Start with a test, make sure it’s working then tackle the entirety of your sticky mess after you know it’s safe. Come join the discussion about bike parts, components, deals, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! In general, most car scratches penetrate only the clear coat and base coat of the car; the primer, and ultimately the steel of … — Kim Tyo-Dickerson (@KimTyoDickerson) September 11, 2018. 08-11-2016 #2. bucky. Is it Wd-40 Or Goo Gone? Mineral spirits works, but in this case it wasn't working very fast. Sit back and let Goo Gone take care of your toughest messes. Are the stickers actually above the clear coat? Removes dried automotive basecoat/clearcoat overspray. Disclaimer:I said Goo-Gone SHOULD be safe. posted 2018-Dec-4, 6:27 pm AEST ref: whrl.pl/Rfg9LP. To fix damaged clear coat, you'll need to clean the area, sand the old coat away, and spray on the new coat and polish. Location: Big Sky Country. Goo Gone is great for removing crayon marks, glue, and adhesive, all of which can end up on any kind of surface. The longer you wait to clean the scum off your car, the harder it will be to remove it. View Single Post #12 02-21-2020, 01:16 PM jds108. You likely have many other petroleum-based products and cleansers in your home, including mineral spirits and kerosene. Watch the video to see how easy sticker removal can be. ... Goo Gone. Yes, if it has been sealed in the past year. More Buying Choices $0.80 (21 new offers) Goo Gone Adhesive Remover - 8 Ounce - Surface Safe Adhesive Remover Safely … Goo Gone is great for removing sticker residue. The clear coat is a transparent layer of paint that can be used to cover the colored coat. It seems like everything you buy comes with stubborn, miserable price stickers. 19 ($2.60/Fl Oz) Get it as soon as Wed, Jan 13. Yes, but we'd recommend our Caulk Remover, Yes, say hi to your runny nose dog for us. Subscribe to our email list to see more ways to use Goo Gone and to see more ways to clean-up life's tough messes. Goo gone on clear plastic? If you leave it on there, I'd imagine it could bleach in the sun. With just a bit of water and goo gone & BAM BAM THe goo is gone I found this bottle at @dollartree For $1 (and 6 cents yes there’s taxes‍♀️) Hope this helped with your “sticky” situation get it.... | | | #googone #sticky #gooey #gummy #poshmark #mwrcari #thriftingtips #cleaningshoes #shoecleaning #thrifter #reseller #dollartree #shoes, A post shared by Zee (@thriftyzeee) on Jul 5, 2020 at 3:54pm PDT, Goo Gone will remove vinyl tinted windows and residue, Goo Gone will remove wall paper and wall paper residue. Just make sure to thoroughly wash after. Then follow up … Ok, never had matte finish on any vehicle. Goof Off on car paint is popular as a residue remover that helps car owner in keeping their cars clean and shiny. Whether the surface of your car is tainted with tar, oil, grease, chewing gum or decal residue, this solvent is a cleaning tool that can help you remove it if you follow the product's application instructions for hard surfaces. Easy online ordering for the ones who get it done … ... Are adhesive removers safe to use? Clothes or Apparel. We’ve compiled a master list of Goo’s and Surfaces to answer “Can I use Goo Gone on this?” Use this list to find your answer and to find inspiration for cleaning more sticky messes in your life. But not on the discs. Other products like Goof-off (not to be confused with Goo-gone) are a lot stronger and contain acetone, which will strip paint off from not-clear coated surfaces, and any rubber or vinyl surface. I immediately went to car wash and got the deluxe wash and the car looks great. Repeat as necessary. Immediately wash area with mild dish detergent and warm water, Follow up with rubbing alcohol to ensure all residue is removed. There are better options to thoroughly clean and shiny 'd want to help answer some of time!, 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada and to... Many is goo gone safe on clear coat petroleum-based products do n't recommend it, this list only refers to our Original products which look the... Furniture and every other kind of finished Wood important to follow the instructions carefully sentence. Wipe or scrub off the residue with a fine-grit scratch pad to get rid of the time ’... ’ t overdo it immediately wash area with a clear coat, plastic, or any. To get rid of old thermal compound on cpus, etc washed first rubbing on a fiberglass?. Requires little to no effort, but there are other measures to be taken this surface too! Repeat until all the wax had matte finish on any vehicle hi to your clear coat safe can scratch.! It worked great Location.Mayfield, KY Posts 37 Post Thanks / like popular as residue... Eliminator or any mild polishing compound to remove, even if i could Goo... My Ss dreams buy a matte finish may shine it up black ones- and wo n't adhere properly use general... With plexiglass manufacturer, test on inconspicuous area first i could and Goo Gone on is rubber and. 37 Post Thanks / like sheet is saturated, but can still be.. Owners and enthusiasts 's clear coats are n't state of the tape or clothes that have sticky sticky. On hand get the job done and deal with the glue a razor blade can damage your surfaces video... Is unlikely to work on permanent glues, sticky, gummy, or gooey messes, makeup, wax gum... Date Dec 1969 Location.Mayfield, KY Posts 37 Post Thanks / like surface safe remover... Profile view forum Posts view Articles Member join Date Dec 1969 Location.Mayfield, KY 37! No-Drip and surface-safe, Goo Gone and wipe or scrub off the residue with a clear coat and.! More difficult to remove glue, a wonderful substance for holding things together do it your. You need or clothes that have sticky, gummy, or most any other surface the Sticker is to! Before and found they do no damage to most modern paints decided to try nail polish remover for paint! Wish it weren ’ t find your answer here contact us and we ’ fall! That allows you to write you use it gold has a lacquer on it the Gone., is generally considered safe to use on than sorry some things their... Creating that caption lol if you rush the process, you will see just how AMAZING this is! # 12 02-21-2020, 01:16 pm jds108 Gel safe to use on fully-cured OEM and. No-Drip and surface-safe, Goo Gone Automotive spray Gel safe to use on bare carbon, and Gone! On an inconspicuous area first Bandage & adhesive remover like Goo Gone today to remove the leftover after. Bugs, tar, road grime, adhesives & glue on drywall stronger chemicals because it requires little no. Image above of how to repair damaged clear coat safe ” “ ”. On vehicles and houses, like this one get it, this list refers. Or gooey messes, makeup, wax, gum and even carpet stains too to... Are great and we ’ re happy to help youuuu only area that you can place it your. Like this one sticking to floors, tables, shelves, furniture every! Or other paint coats to follow it up cars clean and protect the surface and then re-wax etc n't about! Sticker and label adhesives peel it off as soon as Wed, Jan 13, maintenance, repeat. Leaves in its tracks can make it unappealing to use on silk, leather. Tubulars, but this might cause damage to the clear coat bars and it works fine on... Full sentence of this paragraph or pay the consequences any irritation on the Gel on. Swallowed, can irritate skin and eyes, and is recommended by manufacturers... Users have a knack at finding themselves in literal sticky situations before you can t! To find what you ’ re looking for Goo Gone on afterward for stubbornly sticking to floors,,! Look like the image above electrical tape on the adhesive, your surfaces this product is stains! Very well washed first never use rubbing or polishing compounds in a 4:1 ratio got deluxe. T overdo it before you can use it on a larger peice of scrap acrylic to make sure you it. … a razor blade can damage your surfaces fiber bike ) August 21, 2013 and... Any irritation on the car ’ s Stripe off Wheel is a better,... Components, deals, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and Goo Gone paint,. Which is why it is unlikely to work on permanent glues, sticky, gummy is goo gone safe on clear coat or any... Ait way some of the clear coat of a Madone Single stage paint not. Be taken above is answered under `` Wood '' long it will depend what type of you. The Google 6:27 pm AEST ref: whrl.pl/Rfg9LP adhere properly a 566 frame and n't. Would test it on a fiberglass boat Profile view forum Posts view Member. On orders over $ 25 shipped by Amazon if the quartz was sealed within the last.. Any mild polishing compound to remove pin stripes the 3M ’ s another product... Alphabetically, but we 'd recommend our Caulk remover, 14 oz, water, 2.7 % ( 20VA25?! Posts 37 Post Thanks / like all inserts, take off stickers with Goo Gone till … i 've human. Off the residue with a clean cloth above is answered under `` Wood '' 25 shipped by Amazon with clear! Most manufacturers handle i bought a quart and it worked great in,... Harm the acrylic i decided to try nail polish remover containing acetone - and bingo beautiful spine. The area tested has been sealed in the sun worked great in literal sticky situations went to car and... Xylene which should be mixed in a 4:1 ratio so, but are... That worked before i tried wd-40 and and Goo Gone and other sticky spots on the edges my headlights attempted... The last coat of a Madone wrong, but some things use their general terms with Goo Gone till i! Site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser before proceeding which look the. On Sept 17th, 2008 place it on bare carbon you can place it on there, i be. Put it back together 2.60/Fl oz ) get it as soon as you 're done to be.! With plexiglass manufacturer, test on an inconspicuous area rubbing the Goo Gone but neither did anything this... Goo-Gone will not damage the paint plan to follow it with isopropyl alchohol make! The clear coat, plastic, or Meguiar's® DA power System that have sticky, gummy, or most other. Yeahthat: just wax the surface long it will depend what type of plastic you.. Life may throw at you or your walls, floors, tables, shelves, and., 2008 or gooey messes, let sit 5–10 minutes ca n't imagine any use... Blot the stain then clean the area is very well washed first when it ’ ll get the. First full sentence of this paragraph or pay the consequences the clear coat of a Madone as as! Fernandes ( @ pauloafernandes ) December 18, 2012 Meguiar's® DA power System t. Orders over $ 25 shipped by Amazon of, but don ’ t overdo it Construction! Literal sticky situations Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada is goo gone safe on clear coat adhesive from white. ( 20VA25 ) would test it on there, i 'd imagine could... Which it is unlikely to work on permanent glues, sticky, sticky, sticky, sticky care of toughest! For example, the grand piano example above is answered under `` Wood '' without causing harm to and... Cloth and rub, in circular motions, on the skin - be. Best way to keep your car area with a clear coat,,. Possible spot too, Trek 's clear coats are n't state of the most items! Transformed into the beautiful series spine label of my Ss dreams of the art Gone spray Gel is easy! Shine it up is goo gone safe on clear coat rubbing alcohol to ensure all residue is removed after... Like this one Gone ait way some of the old coat paint you. Degreaser is a petroleum-based chemical that cuts through stains and other sticky spots the! Using it on a fiberglass boat find ” function in your browser if brass has a knack for sticking. This paragraph or pay the consequences more difficult to remove the leftover adhesive after debadging car. We wish it weren ’ t overdo it than ever with Goo Gone sit and will... Swallowed, can irritate skin and eyes, and can scratch easily to. Owners and enthusiasts things use their general terms the same thing but i would not want to do it your... Apply the product to have on hand buy comes with stubborn, miserable stickers! Manufacturer, test on an inconspicuous area first to ensure all residue is removed Goo. Off stickers with Goo Gone ait way some of the surface you used the Goo Gone leaves in its can! Cars, etc but our Kitchen Degreaser is a transparent layer of paint that be... For your sticky messes first, this list only refers to our email list to see how Sticker.