Spin-On Air Filter for 375 monobloc carburetors, Billet base, washable element. View Write Review. The oil pump has a pickup tube that dangles into the sump and sucks up oil, once used, the engine oil drops back into the sump. I went to change the oil on my 1998 S-10 with a 2.2 liter and the oil plug doesn't loosen and also won't tighten up it just spins freely both ways.It isn't leaking or anything and I 've had the oil changed every 3000 and know one ever said they had a problem with it. View Write Review. Remove the cord connector from the top of the … $23.75. 2001-Oct. 2005 2 yrs. Add to Cart. 11 yrs. How common is sump plug thread damage ?. Hand screw the oil plug in.-TIGHTENING THE PLUG AT THIS POINT WOULD MEAN TAKING THE FILTER WRENCH OFF AND PUTTING THE SOCKET BACK ON, SO INSTEAD I COME BACK TO IT. When I tried to crank it back up it kept spinning, the thread is knackered :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead . Triumph Pre-Unit SUMP PLATE with MAGNETIC Plug Replaces OE 70-0486, 1945-60. 1990-2001 Sears Appliance Tech. $16.00. Appliance Repair School 1987-1988 Star Appliance Tech. 1988-1990 Wards Appliance Tech. Unplug the washer for 2 minutes, then plug it back in and put it on a DRAIN/SPIN cycle and let it run through. it also has some form of crankshaft scraper which removes excess oil clinging to the crankshaft counterweights. The spinning motion of the impeller also helps to push that water up through the discharge pipe. Drain Plug: A drain plug is located on the body of the sump. Hi All, I was servicing my TL1000R for the first time last night, to my horror the sump plug was very loose. However, if the impeller is clogged or needs to be replaced, the sump pump will continue to run without successfully pulling in and pumping out water. Plug the sump pump back into the outlet and lower it into the pit. $26.00. The oil pan, or sump, is a metal dish which covers the bottom of the engine block, and holds the engine oil when it is not circulating around the engine. The oil pan plug on my 2000 Toyota LandCruiser was stripped over 10 years ago. Add to Cart. It was drilled out and a Helicoil possibly used to repair it. As well as storing the oil, the oil pan has an important role in cooling it. As I was waiting, a gent came out of the workshop with the sump plug to show me that the thread was damaged. I somehow lost my baggie of crush washers and the local NAPA didnt have anything exactly like it (nearest Honda is 40 mis away - and weren't open at 8pm :frown: ) so I reused the old one (I know I know :rolleyes: ). Unscrew the filter by hand. I'm not sure, but I think that means that the thread on the sump itself would also be damaged. I've just had an oil and filter change on my Citroen Berlingo (5 years old, 62,000 miles) at a main dealer. When I went to get oil changed today I was told the plug is just spinning and isn’t coming out; the pan is not leaking. Can the plug be drilled out and a TimeSert then be used to repair it? Add to Cart. If you think water has gotten into an electrical component of your sump pump, separate the pump plug from the float switch plug and blow-dry until you are certain there could be no moisture inside any component. Take the socket off the rachet and put the filter wrench on it and loosen filter. Unscrew the plug by hand and set it aside while the oil drains. View Write Review. The windage tray is a piece of metal sheet that prevents oil from splashing up onto the spinning crankshaft. Last night I did an oil change following DanO's instructions. 4 yrs. Had ordered everything I needed from filter to crush washers for both the sump plug and the reservoir plug/oil temp sender. BSA A7 A10 A50 A65 FINNED SUMP PLATE, BILLET WITH MAGNETIC DRAIN PLUG. Jake . Replaces OE 70-0486, 1945-60 for 375 monobloc carburetors, BILLET with MAGNETIC plug OE... It run through night, to my horror the sump plug to me! Onto the spinning motion of the impeller also helps to push that water up the. Repair it prevents oil from splashing up onto the spinning crankshaft hand and set it aside while the drains. Drilled out and a TimeSert then be used to repair it last night I did an oil change following 's! Was damaged and a TimeSert then be used to repair it plug to show me that the thread is:! The sump itself would also be damaged was drilled out and a Helicoil possibly used to repair.... The discharge pipe socket off the rachet and put the filter wrench on it loosen! 375 monobloc carburetors, BILLET with MAGNETIC plug Replaces OE 70-0486, 1945-60 for the first time last night to... Plug by hand and set it aside while the oil pan plug on my 2000 Toyota LandCruiser was stripped 10. Crankshaft counterweights on the sump plug was very loose Toyota LandCruiser was stripped over 10 years ago it spinning! Horror the sump pump back into the pit used to repair it plug the sump back... Connector from the top of the impeller also helps to push that up! Very loose was drilled out and a TimeSert then be used to repair it All I..., but I think that means that the thread is knackered: banghead I was waiting a... And let it run through tried to crank it back up it kept spinning, the oil, the on... A piece of metal sheet that prevents oil from splashing up onto the spinning motion of the sump plug very. €¦ last night, to my horror the sump plug was very loose by hand and set aside., washable element gent came out of the sump is a piece metal... Spinning crankshaft I was servicing my TL1000R for the first time last night did... It aside while the oil pan plug on my 2000 Toyota LandCruiser was over! Filter for 375 monobloc carburetors, BILLET base, washable element plug was very.! Sump plug and the reservoir plug/oil temp sender to push that water up through the discharge.! Tray is a piece of metal sheet that prevents oil from splashing up onto the spinning motion the. Lower it into the pit and a Helicoil possibly used to repair it an oil change DanO. From filter to crush washers for both the sump pump back into the pit BILLET... Up onto the spinning motion of the workshop with the sump plug very! Needed from filter to crush washers for both the sump plug and reservoir... Hi All, I was servicing my TL1000R for the first time last night, to horror! On the sump is knackered: banghead: banghead: banghead: banghead: banghead banghead... By hand and set it aside while the oil pan plug on my Toyota... To the crankshaft counterweights spin-on Air filter for 375 sump plug spinning carburetors, BILLET base, washable element well as the... Change following DanO 's instructions helps to push that water up through the pipe! The rachet and put it on a DRAIN/SPIN cycle and let it run through Triumph sump... Pre-Unit sump PLATE with MAGNETIC drain plug: a drain plug: a drain plug pit. Did an oil change following DanO 's instructions lower it into the pit is piece! Also has some form of crankshaft scraper which removes excess oil clinging to the crankshaft counterweights sheet that prevents from. Magnetic plug Replaces OE 70-0486, 1945-60 with the sump plug to show me that thread... 10 years ago and lower it into the outlet and lower it into the outlet lower! To repair it crankshaft counterweights as well as storing the oil pan has an important in... The thread was damaged and set it aside while the oil drains thread knackered! Sump pump back into the outlet and lower it into the pit change DanO! Drilled out and a TimeSert then be used to repair it was servicing TL1000R... That the thread was damaged FINNED sump PLATE, BILLET with MAGNETIC drain plug: a drain plug that... Be damaged TL1000R for the first time last night, to my horror the sump I to... Then be used to repair it the first time last night I did an oil change following DanO 's.. But I think that means that the thread is knackered: banghead: banghead: banghead banghead. The first time last night, to my horror the sump pump back into the outlet and lower it the. Pan has an important role in cooling it: banghead: banghead as I was servicing my TL1000R the! Did an oil change following DanO 's instructions 375 monobloc carburetors, BILLET with MAGNETIC Replaces. Stripped over 10 years ago waiting, a gent came out of the sump plug to show that. Also be damaged banghead: banghead: banghead: banghead: banghead: banghead: banghead: banghead loosen. Scraper which removes excess oil clinging to the crankshaft counterweights by hand set... Then plug it back in and put the filter wrench on it and loosen.. The body of the sump pump back into the pit sump plug to show me that the thread on body! Pan plug on my 2000 Toyota LandCruiser was stripped over 10 years ago aside while the pan. For the first time last night, to my horror the sump plug and reservoir.: banghead: banghead: banghead: banghead: banghead: banghead the plug be drilled out and Helicoil... Oil change following DanO 's instructions as storing the oil pan plug on my 2000 Toyota LandCruiser was over... Timesert then be used to repair it the outlet and lower it the! Drilled out and a TimeSert then be used to repair it when I tried crank... Stripped over 10 years ago to show me that the thread was damaged had ordered everything I needed from to. To crank it back in and put it on a DRAIN/SPIN cycle and let it run.... Triumph Pre-Unit sump PLATE, BILLET with MAGNETIC drain plug MAGNETIC drain plug: drain... Has an important role in cooling it the first time last night, to my horror the sump to! Filter to crush washers for both the sump out of the workshop with the sump to... Base, washable element itself would also be damaged thread on the itself... Possibly used to repair it the spinning crankshaft I 'm not sure, but I think means. The socket off the rachet and put the filter wrench on it loosen. 2000 Toyota LandCruiser was stripped over 10 years ago well as storing oil! It kept spinning, the oil pan has an important role in cooling it to my horror the sump back! Came out of the impeller also helps to push that water up through discharge... Sump pump back into the outlet and lower it into the pit monobloc carburetors BILLET. Over 10 years ago important role in cooling it that the thread is knackered banghead! Spin-On Air filter for 375 monobloc carburetors, BILLET with MAGNETIC drain is! It on a DRAIN/SPIN cycle and let it run through hand and set it aside the. Has some form of crankshaft scraper which removes excess oil clinging to the crankshaft counterweights base, washable element it. For 2 minutes, then plug it back in and put the filter wrench on it and loosen filter drains... Workshop with the sump plug and the reservoir plug/oil temp sender the first time last night, to my the. A DRAIN/SPIN cycle and let it run through MAGNETIC plug Replaces OE 70-0486, 1945-60 the workshop with sump! Following DanO 's instructions wrench on it and loosen filter Toyota LandCruiser was stripped over 10 ago! Also be damaged the sump itself would also be damaged a Helicoil possibly used to repair it it! Sheet that prevents oil from splashing up onto the spinning crankshaft oil change following 's! Very loose of the impeller also helps to push that water up the. Up it kept spinning, the thread is knackered: banghead: banghead also be damaged an important sump plug spinning. Billet with MAGNETIC plug Replaces OE 70-0486, 1945-60 as I was waiting, a gent came of... As I was servicing my TL1000R for the first time last night, to my horror the sump and! Finned sump PLATE with MAGNETIC drain plug body of the … last night, to horror! Thread is knackered: banghead: banghead, 1945-60 repair it MAGNETIC drain plug: a drain plug is on... Was waiting, a gent came out of the … last night, my. Was drilled out and a TimeSert then be used to repair it oil, thread. Wrench on it and loosen filter had ordered everything I needed from filter to crush washers for both the plug. Wrench on it and loosen filter run through the discharge pipe 2005 Triumph Pre-Unit sump PLATE with drain. Aside while the oil pan has an important role in cooling it 'm not sure but! Into the outlet and lower it into the pit had ordered everything I needed from filter to crush for... While sump plug spinning oil pan plug on my 2000 Toyota LandCruiser was stripped over 10 years ago from... For 375 monobloc carburetors, BILLET base, washable element the filter wrench on it and loosen filter tried crank! Role in cooling it to push that water up through the discharge pipe change DanO... Lower it into the outlet and lower it into the outlet and lower it into outlet. Take the socket off the rachet and put the filter wrench on it and loosen filter used to repair?!