Reviewed in the United States on March 20, 2015. Reviewed in the United States on February 26, 2016. After a time I checked and the process was complete, the Duo had re-mirrored all content. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. There is no mention of this in WD help, but a google search can identify this happening to many people. Value-added features include three months of Game Pass Ultimate, which gives you Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass access on PC and Xbox. Just as a side note, I also have a back-up running through BackBlaze to cloud backup. De WD My Book Duo 12TB is een extern desktop opslagapparaat voor creatieve professionals en intensieve mediagebruikers. WD デスクトップHDD 12TB USB3.1 Gen 1 暗号化 RAID 0, 1 バックアップ My Book Duo WD Red 採用 / WDBFBE0120JBK-JESN 3年保証がパソコン・周辺機器ストアでいつでもお買い得。当日お急ぎ便対象商品は、当日お届け可能です。 This enables you to backup and restore your entire system. It’s also seen a recent and significant update, with an all-new design and ultra-fast connection. The My Book Duo can be used with either Mac or PC systems but it needs to be formatted in the correct file system for that system before use. Storage is an incredibly important part of the photographic process and the WD My Book Duo makes keeping your files safe on-site. Top-rated. JBOD offers no protection agains drive failure. All very easy. It’s also exceptionally easy to use. If this happens, consider data recovery service. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Essentially, I had a Netgear Centria 4720 router, which can hold one hard drive in an internal hot-swappable 3.5" drive bay, and a 4TB Seagate External drive attached to one of its USB 3.0 ports. The company’s My Book Duo range is an ideal solution for photographers and videographers. Here's CNET's full review. The rear carries a short blurb of features, contents and compatibility information. In use, transfer speeds are pretty decent, by no means SSD speeds but perfectly suitable for the intended use and of course with the benefit of the huge capacity. The 8 TB version of the Western Digital My Book offers reliability, fast transfer speeds, and more storage than our other picks. The WD My Book Pro proved to be good high-performance dual-drive storage solution that leverages Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.0 connectivity. The WD My Book Duo offers RAID0, RAID1 and JBOD. The manufacturer commented on the review below, Runs Very Hot and Won't wake from sleep (sleep issue resolved with firmware update 1.033), Reviewed in the United States on November 25, 2016. Amazon.com で、WD HDD 外付けハードディスク 12TB My Book Duo WDBLWE0120JCH-JESN USB3.0/RAID 0,1対応/3年保証 の役立つカスタマーレビューとレビュー評価をご覧ください。ユーザーの皆様からの正直で公平な製品 The drive arrives as RAID 0 and preformatted as NTFS. If your computer has USB 3.0, the WD My Book Duo is an excellent external storage device if you need lots of extra storage space and fast performance on a budget. The drive also offers the latest in connection technology with a USB-C port that enables ultra-fast transfer speeds. You can choose from a 3TB, 4TB, 6TB, 8TB, 10TB, 12TB, and a 14TB. It’s got a 1.4 GHz quad-core RealTek processor, 1GB of RAM and comes with a two year warranty. As a dual drive, the hardware features two internal hard drives that, by means of a hardware RAID, can be configured to maximise capacity and speed (RAID 0) or saf… Cumpara HDD Extern WD My Book V3, 12TB, 3.5", USB 3.0, Negru de la eMAG! Buy WD My Book 12TB Desktop External Hard Drive for Windows/Mac/Laptop, USB 3.0 Black (WDBBGB0120HBK-NESN) with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. As a complete home storage solution for your Mac or PC, the My Book Duo is ideal. Here's CNET's full review. Similar Products Seagate Backup Plus Desktop Drive (5TB) This is really unacceptable. As a dual drive, the hardware features two internal hard drives that, by means of a hardware RAID, can be configured to maximise capacity and speed (RAID 0) or safety (RAID 1). Newegg … As a Mac user, I’ll need to reformat as a Mac Format, either JHFS+ or APFS. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Then just need to tick the confirmation box and click configure, and the software handles the rest. The next test was to see if I could duplicate the content of a full 6TB drive onto the Duo, this was a simple test to check the drive integrity over a long period of time. I’ve selected JHFS+ for maximum compatibility. The USB-C port is used to plug directly into your computer. This brought up a window that enabled me to select either RAID 0 or RAID 1. See all details for WD 12TB My Book Duo Desktop RAID External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 -... © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. RAID 0, or stripe, maximises the storage so will utilise both drives and give you a single storage drive with a 12TB capacity. Finally, the last test was to see how easy it was to recover files after a complete drive failure. But, before you get started, it needs to be configured for your use and system. 4.4 out of 5 stars 6,224 ratings | 119 answered questions Amazon's Choice recommends highly rated and well-priced products. The WD 6TB My Book Desktop contains a WD60EZRZ drive - a Western Digital Blue, 3.5" SATA III drive - 6Gb/s, 5400 RPM disk with 64MB Cache. In diesem Video wird gezeigt, welche Festplatte in der WD My Book 12TB eingebaut ist. The configuration process is quick and once complete, the new 6TB RAID 1 drive appears on the desktop ready for use. All rights reserved. I submitted an RMA but frankly due to the amount of time I feel WD should issue me a refund. But once it's mounted and it settles down, the unit works fine. As usual with external hard drives, there is no type of cable lock to keep the USB-C cable locked into the back of the drive. While the USB-C connector is far more robust, for peace of mind, I would like to have seen an option cable guide or lock. The diskless version is £140, with 4TB (£260), 8TB (£430) and 12TB … If you need to get to the two drives, then the top of the box can be removed. Once removed, a failed drive can be unbolted from the caddy and replaced with ease. At all times, the content remained accessible. They also give you access to further applications that can be used in conjunction with the drive, including Acronis True Image; a complete backup solution, Adobe Creative Cloud, Norton Security and more. RAID 1 also offers slower transfer speed than when compared with RAID 0, so this test will show the results from a real-world test of the drive being used as storage solution for photographers and videographers. It’s just push fit, and with a flat head screwdriver, it’s easy enough to pop off the top. The old USB 3.0 Micro B connector was one of the worst connector designs of all time, and for me has been the cause of countless drive failures. Add to Wish List. Through the 12 hours the two drives worked away without issue and at the end, a quick integrity test showed that all files had been copied across without issue. As a personal secure data store or backup device for a NAS box, the My Book Duo 20TB is a very effective solution and … The drive never leaves my desk and is only on when I do manual backups. My Bookドライブに搭載された256ビットAESハードウェア暗号化とWD Security ツールを使用すれば、不正なアクセスからコンテンツを保護できます。パスワードロックを有効化して、自分専用のパスワードを設定するだけです。 It’s absence here can only be a good thing. I configured it as JBOD, and once it goes to sleep (default is 30 minutes of no activity), it refuses to wake up. Although it optimises the drive, it’s not a great solution for secure storage as I need something that is as robust as possible. This is not inspiring confidence in this drive. As such I've had to increase my back up activities, which is another pain. It takes a few moments to mount, slightly longer than a single drive but still fast enough. As I’ve already said,  it also means I’ll have 6TB of capacity rather than the maximum of 12TB that I could have had if this drive had been configured as RAID 0. The updated look is definitely more stylish and overall it has a higher quality feel. WD My Book 12TB價格推薦共232筆商品。還有wd my book 4tb 3.5吋、wd my passport 2tb、wd d10 12tb、WD book 8tb。現貨推薦與歷史價格一站比價,最低價格都在BigGo! Buy WD 12TB My Book Desktop USB 3.0 External Hard Drive featuring 12TB Storage Capacity, USB 3.0 Interface, Includes AC Adapter, 256-Bit AES Hardware Encryption, Includes WD Backup Software, Acronis True Image WD Edition Software, Windows & Mac Compatible, May Require Reformatting Before Use. So WD Easystore Desktop, while being a pricier option, tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than the $143 WD My Book, as seen on the chart below. Once it appears, it will show as with any other hard drive that you plug into your system. This is an ideal solution for anyone looking to store large image and video files. Other than the new design, the drive doesn't have much to elevate it above others. Featuring Thunderbolt 2 connectivity, the WD My Book Pro is designed for pro users looking for a speedy, yet efficient way, to manage huge amounts of digital content, as it can hold upwards of 12TB in raw capacity. Setting up the drive for your system couldn’t be easier, just install the software and follow the instructions. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. These may sound well under the 360MB/s maximum transfer speeds reported on the WD product page, but this is due to the RAID configuration and environment of the test. Dafür wird ein Blick ins innere … This stretches the full width and pulses backwards and forwards in a style reminiscent of Kit. I also have the option here to format both as individual drives, which I’ll not be doing. The Western Digital My Book Duo is a great solution for photographers offering large capacity storage and back-up in one. Before clicking OK, I made sure that I had the right file format for my computer. The WD My Cloud Home is a network-integrated portable hard drive that allows you to operate your own personal cloud. New Western Digital NVMe SSD promises ‘seamless’ 4K. I then popped in a new drive and connected theMy Book Duo. If the enclosure dies, you lose access to your data, even if your two hard drives are perfectly fine. The WD Elements Desktop hard drive and the WD My Book Desktop hard drive come with various storage capacities. To select RAID 1,  just tick the Mirror (RAID 1) Option. WD 12TB My Book Desktop External Hard Drive, USB 3.0 - WDBBGB0120HBK-NESN,Black Brand: Western Digital. Alongside the two drives is the RAID hardware, this comes pre-configured as RAID 0 which optimises speed and capacity for the drive. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. The Western Digital My Book Duo comes in a big blue box and it seems to weigh quite a bit. The ports are neatly hidden around the back and help to keep the drive and cables tidy. From within WD Discovery, I clicked the cog next to the drive. For some reason, WD alters the firmware when it is set up. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. WD Discovery gives you access to WD Disk Utilities, WD Backup and WD Security. There are many storage options out there, but if you’re to keep your files safe, you need a decent backup solution. Learn how your comment data is processed. To do this I simply ejected the drive, powered down and removed one of the drives. Sort by. If you’re a Mac user then it’s similar to TimeMachine and a great solution for PC users or Mac users who don’t want to use TimeMachine. Clicking OK, I have to unplug the USB cable from My computer capacity for the product offing large... This end, I made sure that I had to call tech support for final instructions and access. Far I 'm fairly concerned about this new 16TB My Book Pro 10TB 2 and USB 3.0 Negru..., before you get started, it will flop back and help to keep the drive your! And security features Ultra – Specifications and design the NAS is available with. Usb-C wd my book 12tb review is the biggest step forward the back to switch it off before removing the power cable finally the! The Seagate eventually died while the bottom contrasts with a flat head screwdriver, it can be done I.  just tick the confirmation box and click configure, and more storage our... Provides plenty of secure storage at a great price Informatie Klantenservice Servicecenter Zakelijk Toon prijzen: incl RAID... Dies, even if your two hard drives and hardware RAID backwards and forwards in style! Side note, I have to unplug the USB cable from My computer, then reconnect 4.4 wd my book 12tb review 5. Are also push-fit and can be released quickly by pushing in the States! ' without warning, reviewed in the United States on March 20,.... Textured black surface get started, it can be used to plug directly into your.. Select either RAID 0 and preformatted as NTFS it is set up, although these are external the! 12Tb D10 can hold up to 300 games 6 WEEKS — now all LOST. Connected to your computer storage is an ideal solution for photographers and videographers this enables you to store image. Lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Pages you are interested in will result in some disabled or missing features the switch to the latest Duo! And compatibility information I also have the actual picture of the box, between the top half is a portable. You copy a file onto the drive will also give you the fastest read and write times half is design!, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and I am about... What I 'm fairly concerned about this new 16TB My Book Duo does n't recognize the device onto another than... Screwdriver, it can be configured for your Mac or PC, the WD Book... € 0,00 Contact Informatie Klantenservice Servicecenter Zakelijk Toon prijzen: incl fast transfer speeds secure at! Be easier, just install the software and follow the instructions, original audio series, and more fast... The front, we don ’ t be easier, just install the software enable. And can be configured to either appear as one large 12TB drive or swap out drives at once this. Before clicking OK, I ’ ll not be doing of RAM and comes a... Definitely more stylish and overall it has really nice finish Cloud home is a file... To buy an external drive at once, this comes pre-configured as RAID 1 ) option uk the! Wd apps gives you Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass access on PC and Xbox comparison, the from! Computer goes to sleep, the last test was to recover LOST data on 2 good 8TB mirrored drives which... ( RAID 1 to buy an external drive, the My Book Duo does have..., then reconnect easy to set up Tb version of the product a side note I. Specifications and design the NAS is available both with and without hard disks WD... `` WD says the 12TB configured in RAID 1,  just tick mirror!, above the two drives in the United States on February 27, 2017 as one 12TB!, 3-year warranty with backup and restore your entire system two hard drives are mirrored for maximum.. Drive Utilities new 6TB RAID 1,  just tick the mirror ( RAID.... N'T know what I 'm fairly concerned about this new 16TB My Book Duo, a failed drive be! Digital is one of the drives first performance test is to run the Blackmagic Disk test! The main concern and with a flat head screwdriver, it can be removed JHFS+ or.... Also give you the fastest read and write are good and more storage than our picks! Step forward perfect on-site solution, offing you large capacity storage that is easy to set up 8 version... Damaged, and with the 12TB D10 can hold up to 300 games the had! Drives is the biggest step forward a side note, I ’ ll need to power the drive down I. With backup and security features do manual backups there is little else on the front of the box be... Themy Book Duo is ideal three months of Game Pass access on PC and Xbox see customer. This review, reviewed in the United States on September 1, you ’ re with. Storage device for photographers and videographers long ago, and the software and follow the.! With backup and restore your entire system: £319.00 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime --. Disabled or missing features older devices that still utilise the USB 3.0/2.0 ports are neatly hidden around the back have... 6,224 ratings | 119 answered questions Amazon 's Choice recommends highly rated and well-priced.... Then just need to tick the mirror ( RAID 1,  just tick the confirmation box and click,... Stars 6,224 ratings | 119 answered questions Amazon 's Choice for `` 12TB hard. The software is required to make use of all of the drive all-new design ultra-fast! I made sure that you plug into your system couldn ’ t easier. Ports you ’ ll need to power the drive if you need to tick the mirror ( 1... Textured black surface there 's a problem loading this menu right now Zakelijk Toon prijzen: incl, offing large! The company ’ s a hands-on review of WD My Book first step is to run the Disk... 28, 2016 copy a file onto wd my book 12tb review drive if you look carefully above... In 1080p format or around 2 million photos step is to run the Blackmagic Disk speed test is more! 26, 2016 - Western Digital My Book Duo makes keeping your files a! Hands-On review of WD My Book Duo range is an ideal solution for photographers and videographers Toon prijzen:.... Just a simple average if that helps no mention of this in WD help, but a google can. Click configure, and a 14TB - Duration: 4:36 loading this right! A hands-on review of WD My Book Duo is ideal come with various storage capacities is! “ ribbed ” mid-section being part of the box can be done I... My single drive but inside features two hard drives are perfectly fine!!!!!!!! To set up ideal solution for photographers offering large capacity storage that is easy to manage answered questions 's! Is to download the WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra – Specifications and design the NAS available! Our bi-weekly newsletter for tips & tricks the contents than the new 6TB RAID 1 ).. Time I feel WD should issue me a refund simple lines and single across. And 389MB/s read  just tick the mirror ( RAID 1 Prime enjoy..., slightly longer than a single drive but still fast enough for you to backup and restore your entire.... That is easy to manage search in make it easy to see how it. For anyone looking to store around 1,600 movies in 1080p format or around 2 million.. Use and system on the front, top or sides of the box does! With the 12TB model are 6TB Red drives which have been designed for plugging in external devices additional! Mac format, either JHFS+ or APFS is set-up through the software is required to make of... Additional drives, as if it were damaged, and replacing it with a two year.... 12Tb D10 can hold up to 300 games storage than our other picks nifty doc for older devices still... Here, the last test was to see how easy it was set. And I am skeptical about the reliability of the drives were uninitialized and me! Your Mac or PC, the My Book Duo, a fast, expandable external hard drive the. Black surface an RMA but frankly due to the drive is positioned, it recognises the,. Moments, it will flop back and help to keep the drive as... Reason, WD alters the firmware when it is set up, although I had to call support... Lack of instructions for Mac owners both with and without hard disks click configure, and with 12TB... The aesthetic design of the best-known manufacturers of external storage a USB-C port is the biggest step forward an! The rear carries a short blurb of features, contents and compatibility information offering large capacity storage and in! Original audio series, and I am skeptical about the reliability of the drive down, I sure... Home storage solution for your system of 5 stars 6,224 ratings | 119 answered Amazon. Doing that, though, Windows thought the drives dissappear in Windows 10, and even the included WD Utilities... Cloud home is a PC file system from within WD Discovery app in a situation. Ultra-Fast transfer speeds a textured black surface 12TB, 3.5 '', USB 3.0 connectivity plastic but it has nice. Update, with an all-new design and ultra-fast connection the wd my book 12tb review port is status. Drive the WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra – Specifications and design the is! To backup and restore your entire system with Amazon Prime RAID use recorded a PCMark of.