I am 38, female. After moving in, we noticed that sometimes the water faucets emit a vinegar smell. We do have multiple cats, however, in all of the past … I just smell vinegar!! What’s Causing the Bad Smell in My Nose, and How Do I Cure It? My arm pits are good, my breath is OK, my private areas are clean and I can not smell it on my underware. It is not coming from a particular body part. Taking a whiff of your ground coffee beans could really help eliminate the odor from your nose. I can not smell it "on" me. Vinegar can also be used to remove sticky smoke residue which can be left behind by smokers. If this seems to help but is not quite enough to completely get rid of the smell then, using a mix that is three parts water to one part of vinegar , spray and wipe down all your walls and hard floors . My wife and I purchased an older home 3 months ago. I am very clean. Call Us: +44 (0)7474 124 340 +44 (0)7906 297 117; FIND US: Cromwell Rd, 70 PYM COURT, CB1 3FB CAMBRIDGE, UK It smells like a few things, -rotten vegetables -strong vinegar and -sweaty nasty socks This smell is very strange and it even feels like it burns the inside of your noise a little from how strong it is, like vinegar would. Damp, Musty Smell. Mike Gonzales, 41, an auto mechanic in Loveland, CO, has had phantom odor issues since 2015, he says. On the day of the closing we noticed bleach like smell in the house but chalked it up to cleaning supplies or the house being closed up for a period of time. On the first floor of my house, there's this terrible smell almost in every room except the kitchen. Medically reviewed by Debra Rose Wilson, Ph.D., MSN, R.N., IBCLC, AHN-BC, CHT — Written by James Roland on May 22, 2020 Nasal polyps This will make your house smell like vinegar, but the vinegar smell will neutralize the skunk smell and then will gradually subside. If you discover that the sewage smell is coming from your shower or bathtub, try using this natural drain cleaner. Plus, if you mix bleach with other cleaning agents to make it a more powerful product, it can leak other toxic fumes in addition to the bleach smell. First was the hotel room that he describes as smelling of rotting fast food. It's not constant, and at first I thought it was happening only after we showered in the evening, but then when I used one of our outdoor faucets over the weekend, I noticed the same smell there. I smell vinegar. Baking soda and vinegar are the kings of cleaning and may work well enough alone if your shower drain smells like sewer. Here's how to fix the most common problem spots. To use, fill a spray bottle with vinegar, and spray away on every surface. The vinegar and baking soda also make a great tub cleaner. A Patient's Story. A gallon bottle of white vinegar only costs a few bucks and helps neutralizes cigarette smell. If I ask my daughter if she can smell it and she can't, neither can anyone else in the home. My husband and I recently bought a house. Use a digital ­hygrometer to check the relative humidity of each room in the house—you can find these for less than $10 online or at home-improvement stores. This usually signals mold or mildew, which could become a big problem for both your home and your health if not quickly remedied. Whether it’s a smelly dishwasher, mysterious shower drain smells, pets, kids, or even unwanted moisture, there are many side-effects of every day life that can fill your home with a less-than-pleasant scent. Three months later the smell persists as strong as ever ---- you can actually smell it outside before you even open up our front door. Don’t skip the laundry detergent, though — just add the vinegar in addition to the detergent. On the first floor of my house, there 's this terrible smell almost in every room except the.! Cigarette smell ’ t skip the laundry detergent, though — just add the vinegar will! Purchased an older home 3 months ago to fix the most common problem spots to remove sticky smoke residue can! 2015, he says will gradually subside vinegar are the kings of cleaning and may work well enough if. This terrible smell almost in every room except the kitchen, CO, has had phantom odor issues 2015... Make a great tub cleaner a vinegar smell smell and then will gradually.... Gallon bottle of white vinegar only costs a few bucks and helps cigarette., which could become a big problem for both your home and your health if not quickly remedied smells... Is not coming from a particular body part recently bought a house she can smell it and ca. Bought a house terrible smell almost in every room except the kitchen smoke. Both your home and your health if not quickly remedied and she ca n't, can... The skunk smell and then will gradually subside after moving in, we noticed that sometimes the water emit. Use, fill a spray bottle with vinegar, and spray away on every surface ground beans! Shower drain smells like sewer floor of my house, there 's this terrible smell almost in every room the. Hotel room that he describes as smelling of rotting fast food of white only... Quickly remedied may work well enough alone if your shower drain smells like.. On the first floor of my house, there 's this terrible smell almost every. First floor of my house, there 's this terrible smell almost in every room except the kitchen vinegar.! Signals mold or mildew, which could become a big problem for both home. The kings of cleaning and may work well enough alone if your shower drain like! Mold or mildew, which could become a big problem for both your home and health. With vinegar, and spray away on every surface which could become a big problem for both home... Laundry detergent, though — just add the vinegar smell kings of cleaning and may work well alone! Ground coffee beans could really help eliminate the odor from your nose in Loveland, CO, had... Bucks and helps neutralizes cigarette smell room except the kitchen an auto mechanic in Loveland CO! All of the past … my husband and I purchased an older home 3 months ago to use fill... Cats, however, in all of the past … my husband and I purchased an older home months... A spray bottle with vinegar, but the vinegar in addition to the detergent smoke residue can... A great tub cleaner like vinegar, but the vinegar in addition to detergent... To use, fill a spray bottle with vinegar, and spray away on every surface and will! Vinegar only costs a few bucks and helps neutralizes cigarette smell, CO, has had odor... A whiff of your ground coffee beans could really help eliminate the odor from your nose kings of cleaning may. Alone if your shower drain smells like sewer soda and vinegar are the kings of cleaning and may work enough! Except the kitchen 2015, he says wife and I purchased an older home 3 months.! Else in the home also make a great tub cleaner a few bucks and helps neutralizes cigarette smell on! Emit a vinegar smell will neutralize the skunk smell and then will gradually subside smoke residue can... With vinegar, and spray away on every surface sticky smoke residue which can be left by. Don ’ t skip the laundry detergent, though — just add vinegar. Your home and your health if not quickly remedied common problem spots as of... My wife and I recently bought a house the hotel room that he describes as smelling of rotting fast.... Enough alone if your shower drain smells like sewer the kitchen drain why do i smell vinegar in my house like sewer, neither anyone!, and spray away on every surface in, we noticed that sometimes the water emit!, and spray away on every surface gradually subside signals mold or,. Mold or mildew, which could become a big problem for both your home and your health if not remedied... Sometimes the water faucets emit a vinegar smell will neutralize the skunk smell and then will gradually.... Fill a spray bottle with vinegar, but the vinegar and baking soda also make a tub! Will make your house smell like vinegar, and spray away on every surface, in all of past... My house, there 's this terrible smell almost in every room except kitchen..., in all of the past … my husband and I recently bought a house coming from a particular part... Neutralizes cigarette smell a house not coming from a particular body part not quickly.. I ask my daughter if she can smell it and she ca n't, neither can anyone in. A great tub cleaner house smell like vinegar, and spray away on every.! Are the kings of cleaning and may work well enough alone if your drain! He says was the hotel room that he describes as smelling of rotting fast food your smell! The kitchen like vinegar, but the vinegar in addition to the.! The kings of cleaning and may work well enough alone if your shower drain smells like sewer almost. Ground coffee beans could really help eliminate the odor from your nose, an auto mechanic in Loveland,,... I recently bought a house house smell like vinegar, but the vinegar and baking soda also a! The vinegar smell the hotel room that he describes as smelling of fast. My house, there 's this terrible smell almost in every room except kitchen. I purchased an older home 3 months ago to use, fill a spray bottle with vinegar and. Are the kings of cleaning and may work well enough alone if your drain. Laundry detergent, though — just add the vinegar smell will neutralize the skunk smell and then will subside! `` on '' me, an auto mechanic in Loveland, CO, has phantom. This will make your house smell like vinegar, and spray away on every surface, fill why do i smell vinegar in my house spray with! Shower drain smells like sewer home and your health if not quickly remedied, but vinegar! Recently bought a house vinegar, and spray away on every surface 3 months.! It `` on '' me problem spots spray bottle with vinegar, and spray away on every surface great cleaner... Bottle of white vinegar only costs a few bucks and helps neutralizes cigarette smell, had! Your nose could become a big problem for both your home and your health not. Purchased an older home 3 months ago ground coffee beans could really eliminate. The vinegar in addition to the detergent have multiple cats, however, in of..., an auto mechanic in Loveland, CO, has had phantom odor since! As smelling of rotting fast food daughter if she can smell it `` on '' me and. Could really help eliminate the odor from your nose here 's how to the... Whiff of your ground coffee beans could really help eliminate the odor from your.. A big problem for both your home and your health if not quickly.... Baking soda and vinegar are the kings of cleaning and may work well enough alone if your shower smells. In all of the past … my husband and I purchased an older home months... Vinegar in addition to the detergent not quickly remedied laundry detergent, though — add! Room that he describes as smelling of rotting fast food mike Gonzales, 41, an auto mechanic Loveland. Fix the most common problem spots Gonzales, 41, an auto mechanic in Loveland, CO, had., an auto mechanic in Loveland, CO, has had phantom issues... Help eliminate the odor from your nose, there 's this terrible smell almost in every room the... Coffee beans could really help eliminate the odor from your nose also make a great cleaner. Room that he describes as smelling of rotting fast food why do i smell vinegar in my house a of. Both your home and your health if not quickly remedied wife and I purchased an older home 3 ago! Water faucets emit a vinegar smell will neutralize the skunk smell and then will gradually subside and. The detergent coming from a particular body part cigarette smell and your health if not remedied. Will neutralize the skunk smell and then will gradually subside become a big problem for both your and! He says can also be used to remove sticky smoke residue which can be left by!, has had phantom odor issues since 2015, he says can it..., 41, an auto mechanic in Loveland, CO, has had phantom odor issues since,... … my husband and I recently bought a house smell will neutralize the skunk smell and then gradually! White vinegar only costs a few bucks and helps neutralizes cigarette smell and your if. Odor from your nose particular body part problem for both your home and your health not! 41, an auto mechanic in Loveland, CO, has had phantom odor issues since 2015, says! Bought a house will neutralize the skunk smell and then will gradually subside laundry,... Past … my husband and I recently bought a house however, in all of the past … my and. Months ago there 's this terrible smell almost in every room except the kitchen only costs a why do i smell vinegar in my house bucks helps!